Improve your Code with Test Driven Development
What you’ll learn
- Write unit and integration tests for React and Redux using Jest and Enzyme.
- Know the tradeoffs for different testing approaches and when to choose which approach.
- Plan your React app more effectively via Test Driven Development.
Take your React code to the next level by learning Test Driven Development with Jest and Enzyme! Jest is a powerful, flexible testing framework, and Enzyme provides tools to test React and Redux applications. In this course, you will learn to test:
- Connected and unconnected components
- Component state and Redux state
- Action creators and reducers
- Complex action creators that use Redux Thunk and Axios
- Action creators called from connected components
Why Learn to Test?
Test Driven Development will help you write better organized code that’s easier to maintain, which will save you time in the long run. Your tests provide value to your software development team, since others know they can rely on your code. Employers want developers with testing skills!
Learn the Reasons behind the Syntax
This course discusses tradeoffs when considering different approaches to testing, leaving you confident in the testing choices you make. Furthermore, you will deepen your understanding of React and Redux as we dig into how and why we test each aspect.
Practice your New Skills
You will also have opportunities to practice what you’ve learned. There are occasional “quizzes” while we’re building the course projects, where you can apply what you learned, and then watch a video to see the solution. There are also two sets of challenges to extend the course projects, with solutions on GitHub.
Who is the target audience?
- Programmers interested in improving their React apps with testing
Created by Bonnie Schulkin
Last updated 7/2018
Size: 2.92 GB