How To Setup Web Hosting – Fast and Low Cost
As a website investor I have owned and setup web hosting for literally hundreds of websites. In this course, the focus is on the end result. You will go through a fast, straightforward process to choose a new domain (website name), get the domain setup on a web hosting account and learn the basics of web hosting that you will need to know to operate your site. (Oh, and we’ll install WordPress!)
- It will be fast and efficient
- It will be a high quality web hosting provider
- It will be cost effective
- What you learn will apply to any future websites you may buy or create
So what exactly will you learn?
- The do’s and don’ts in choosing a domain name
- The best tool for brainstorming names and finding whether they are available
- How to setup web hosting
- How to associate the domain with the web host
- How to setup an email account for the web site
- How to install WordPress with the famous 1-click installation
- How to install Filezilla FTP software and use it
- And much more…
Is This For You?
That depends. This is for beginners. If you haven’t setup web hosting or purchased a domain before, this is probably the best place to start.
If you don’t have an idea for a website in mind yet, and want to learn the process before you commit, this is also for you.
If that’s not you, check out my other courses!
If it is you, I’ll see you in Module 1.
- Anyone who wants to get started selecting a website name and get it setup on web host.
- Anyone looking for an introduction to cPanel based web hosting
- Anyone looking for a great web hosting provider at a great price
- Effectively choose a domain name
Use a tool for domain name brainstorming
Sign up for a web hosting account at a good price
- Connect the new domain to the hosting account
- Navigate around cPanel in the hosting account
- Install WordPress with the famous one-click installation
- Install Filezilla FTP software
- Use FTP to backup the website files
- Use phpMyAdmin to backup the WordPress database
- You will need an internet connection
- If you have an idea for your website that will help you select a domain name, great! If you prefer to learn the mechanics before choosing a domain name, that works too.