A practical guide that teaches you ReactJs, Golang & RethinkDB. Optimally paced, no-nonsense. You’ll learn quickly!
What you’ll learn
- Know how to Setup Development Environments for Reactjs and Go
- Experience Structuring Reactjs and Go Applications
- Understand How to create Reactjs base Web Applications
- Know How To Use Websockets to communicate between Server and Browser
- Skilled at Creating Go Servers
- Know How to Install and Use RethinkDB
- All setup (Development tools, Database Setup etc) is covered in this course
Do you want to learn React as fast as possible? Are you curious about Golang, Googles new Programming Language? Do you wonder what it’s like to write fast highly concurrent servers? Interested in creating realtime apps, the simple way?
If you answered YES, then this course is for you!
This course is optimally paced so you’ll learn fast. Your time is valuable and I don’t want to waste it, tryout the free previews and I think you’ll understand what I mean by fast/lean learning.
Golang is a awesome new programming language created and maintained by Google. Golang is an modern language, that’s simple to learn and easy to use. Golang is particularly well suited for highly concurrent applications, such as realtime apps, because of it’s first class language support for coroutines (called goroutines). Apps created in Golang are fast, and run on all major platforms (Mac / Windows / Linux).
RethinkDB is the only database I’m aware of that is focused on realtime features. Using RethinkDB allows you to create highly scalable, realtime apps with ease. RethinkDB offers a rich set of features and it’s a joy to work with.
“But I’m only interested in React or Golang or RethinkDB…”
Each of these topics could stand alone as it’s own course. Just consider it bonus content!
Are realtime apps important?
Software developers will need to know how to create Realtime Web apps in the very near future. It’s the next evolution in Web Applications, in fact Realtime Apps/Features are already being created at companies like Twitter, Facebook and Google.
Get ahead of the curve and learn how to make realtime apps now.
Why take this course?
Do you ever feel overwhelmed with new technologies? I think most of us do, there is so much change constantly happening and the pace of change seems to be increasing.
What can you do to manage the learning challenges you’re facing?
I won’t waste your time, you’ll learn just what you need to know as quickly as possible. You’ll start this course with the end in mind. What do I mean by that? We’re going to be building a realtime web application, and you’ll learn just what you need to build the app.
What You’ll Build
During this course, you’ll be building a Slack Clone.
A general familiarity with Programming and the Web. You’ll start from scratch and move quickly, learning just what you need to know and nothing else.Who this course is for:
- This Course is meant for students that are interested in Building Realtime Web applications. Each technology is taught from scratch, assuming zero prior knowledge, however we move very quickly and go pretty deep into the subject matter.
- This course is designed for student’s who learn best by practical usage more than traditional lectures
Created by James Moore
Last updated 1/2016
Size: 748.11 MB